Landing pages are the magnets to attract traffic to any website. They help in generating leads and win more sales. When something’s this important, it directly affects business performance. Optimizing the landing page of your website for google ads helps you increase conversion rates and make the most of your ad spend. But what is the best practice for optimizing a landing page for google ads?
Landingi offers the answer in the form of tools and suggestions that you can use to increase website traffic for your pay-per-click(PPC) ads. It automates your advertising and decreases your cost-per-click(CPC). We’ll discuss the best practices for optimizing a landing page for google ads in detail.
How To Optimize Your Landing Page Using Landingi
Optimizing your landing page creates a high-conversion sales funnel, which generates revenue for your company. Some of this revenue is through subscriptions, but a lot is through ads. Landingi has marketing and lead tracking tools to help you. Here are the steps by Landingi to generate ad clicks:
According to a google study done in 2017, viewer bounce rate increases by 32% when load time goes from 1 second to 3 seconds. When your site loads slowly, your landing pages won’t convert. This can’t happen, so your landing page must load quickly, so you gain prospects while their attention span is still there. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check your page’s loading speed on mobiles using google’s test my site feature.
- The first problem to tackle in slow loading issues is images. Image optimization is essential to improve speed. Compress images or cut some images from your website if you want a quicker loading time.
- Once a campaign goes live, there’s no going back. Customers can arrive at any given time. So, you must test everything by using the free domains that Landingi provides before you go live.
Complex landing page designs drive leads away. The more easy-to-use your page is, the higher chances you have at clicks and conversions from google ads. Ensure that you do the following:
- Design your page in a simple layout. You don’t need to worry about ideas because Landingi offers hundreds of landing page templates.
- Choose a contrasting colour scheme to capture your viewers. Use colours that look attractive to your target audience. Make the call-to-action button in a contrasting colour.
- According to Landingi, 52.2% of all web traffic in 2018 was from mobile phones. Hence, you must optimize the landing page for smartphones. You can make your copy concise, add click-to-call buttons, and remove clutter.
- Double-check the obvious errors before publishing your landing page. These include missing buttons, broken links, misaligned text, and excess graphics.
The key point in answer to ‘what is the best practice for optimizing a landing page for google ads?’ is a goal. Google expects your goal to be clear within 3-5 seconds of looking at your landing page. It’s because you get that much time to get visitors to click before they get distracted. Here’s how to do that:
- Eliminate anything that doesn’t belong to your page goal. There should be a total focus on the goal and no distracting elements like extra buttons, navigation, etc.
- Make your call-to-action loud and clear. Your approach here should be getting to the point wherever you’ve got links or buttons that lead straight to the product page.
- Forms give you important information about your user that you can use later to manage your relationship. But make sure your forms aren’t too long. Only put information that you need and avoid the fluff.
- Keep fewer to no checkboxes at the end of your forms.
A good landing page has a few catchy lines to draw in leads. The line should be clear and direct. Conversion rates will suffer acutely if you mess up this step. Get the visitors to focus by giving them something relevant and convincing to read. Keep it short and simple.
Use high-quality resources for graphics if you want to look professional. Your finishing line should be well connected to the next part of your sales funnel. The transition should be smooth to optimize your landing page for google ads.
Once you’ve made a catchy headline, you’re almost done. Now you have to pitch your product and convince users to convert. Here’s all you can do:
- Ensure that your page doesn’t sound scammy or clickbaity. Get straight to the point here as well. Nothing needs to be left to the reader’s imagination.
- Ensure there’s no mismatch between the ad’s promises and your page. Ad-to-page personalization is key for gaining relevance and boosting click rates.
Landing pages are difficult to nail, let alone be without error. Always look for loopholes, enforce improvements, and scrap the unnecessary. Use Landingi’s A/B testing to examine the landing pages in experimental phases. See what works for your audience, and go from there.
All the steps we’ve discussed have answered the question, ‘what is the best practice for optimizing a landing page for google ads?’. Following them will increase your Google Ads Quality Score. Couple your ideas with Landingi’s tools to create the most optimized landing page for google ads.